One of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World, the Topas Ecolodge is an impressive 33 villa sustainable property. Situated atop two cone shaped hills, high in the spectacular Sapa Valley, it has breathtaking views across the scenic valleys below. The rustic chalet-style houses are spread in a circular fashion around the hill. Started by a Danish travel company, with a vision to provide its guests with comfort in the remotest area in complete sync with nature and the communal tribes who are the original inhabitants of this area. For those, seeking sheer tranquillity and peace in the wilderness, this lodge is perfect. The accommodation at the Lodge is void of basic amenities like TV and Wifi allowing guests to immerse themselves in the area, to relax completely and enjoy some peace while in the lap of nature. The traditional restaurant serves authentic local Vietnamese as well as Western cuisine alongside stunning views, and the lounge makes a great place to wind down after dinner with a drink. They do offer an infinity pool with breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys and a spa specializing in traditional Red Dao herbal baths. The Topas Ecolodge is perfect for those with an open mind and an adventurous spirit
The lodge can be accessed either via private 5 hour transfer from Hanoi. It is located 18 km outside Sapa town and the journey from Sapa takes 45 minutes. The hotel can provide this transfer in a luxury 8-seater shuttle van equipped with modern sound systems, USB Ports, LED TV and complimentary wifi along with snacks and drinks served on the way.
• Accredited by National Geographic as one of their Unique Lodges of the World.
• One of the most beautiful locations anywhere in Vietnam.
• Rustic luxury accommodation with spectacular views from private balconies
• An excellent example of sustainable tourism to ensure a minimum impact on the surrounding environment.
• Committed to community development including employing young people from the local minority tribes
• Authentic and organic culinary retreat with meals prepared and served from the freshly available local ingredients
• Visit to small, local Red Dao minority village and herbal bath.
• Hiking and walking trails which can be customised
• Biking in the mountain
• Explore the paddy fields and the local culture of the tribes with expert guides by Hiking and Biking in the encompassing area.
• Indulge yourself into discovering the local culture of the ethnic tribes by visiting the Sunday Market, vibrant traditional dresses and farmers displaying the freshly grown local herbs, fruits and spices.
• Revive your body senses with refreshing Spa or relax at the Infinity Pool during the day time.