Tucked away atop the sprawling two acre Champakali estate, this six-room hotel is the perfect place to enjoy the simple pleasures of Goa and the rare luxury of complete privacy. It is located far from the bustling streets of Candolim, in an area known as Old Goa, or ‘Velha Goa’ in Portuguese. The sun-kissed villas and suites have a tropic aesthetic and plush interiors.
The Postcard Velha is located around a 20 minute drive from Panjim, the capital. The property is around a 10 minute walk from the Viceroy’s Arch and 900m from the Se Cathedral.
- Decide your own check-in and check-out times
- Enjoy a Goan-Portuguese dinner at one of the scenic dining pavilions overlooking the Mandovi river
- Enjoy an artisanal breakfast whenever you wake up
- Set out on a heritage walk to see ancestral Goan homes, and sample home-made Goan Poee and chorizo sausages
- Take a cycling city tour to discover quaint churches, pretty houses and winding village roads
- Sail down to thick mangrove forests to the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary for sightings of rare birds
- Take surf lessons with the locals
- Take a ferry ride to Diwar island