As the former home of Henry Fancourt White built in the 1850s in the style of a Cotswold mansion, the Manor House offers a unique combination of classic opulence and the indulgent sophistication of a 21st century boutique hotel. It has retained its old world stately charm and has an air of historic importance. Set among 1,500 acres of lush countryside on the famous Garden Route in South Africa, it offers a range of dining options including a lounge bar and the Henry White restaurant serving rich, classical, local cuisine paired with the best of South African wines. There are a few beautiful private dining areas tucked away within the gardens for romantic lunches or candlelight dinners. It features 18 indulgent and sophisticated suites which offer a private buter service, 24-hour in-room dining and luxury bathroom amenities. The mansion also features a fitness area, a beautiful Spa, swimming pool and a range of unforgettable activities. Plus, there one can play golf on three of South Africa’s best golf courses, including the country’s Number 1 course The Links. The Manor House promises an intimate, exclusive getaway for couples seeking a private sanctuary.
- Located on the Garden route, the nearest airport to the Manor House is George which is just 8km or 10 minutes away.
- It is a 6 hour drive from Cape Town and 4 hours from Port Elizabeth airport.
• A quintessential luxury getaway that guarantees exclusivity and privacy with 600 hectares of beautiful, lush parklands.
• This Boutique Hotel is a National Monument and the former home of British engineer, Henry Fancourt White, who is credited with having built the Montagu Pass over the Outeniqua Mountains linking the Karoo with the Indian Ocean.
• The Spa at Fancourt is a true indulgent experience
• Access to South Africa’s Number 1 Golf course - The Links
• Perfect for golfers, spa lovers or seekers of service excellence.
• Explore 3 international standard golf courses including the top course in all of Africa.
• Golfers also have access to comprehensive practice facilities, a Golf Academy and a fully equipped Pro Shop, completing Fancourt’s five-star golfing experience.
• The Roman baths where one can soak up the sun along with the view of the stunning Outeniqua mountains
• Hiking, cycling and fishing
• Sunset Cruises
• Scenic Coastal flights
• Wine Tasting
• Visit the coastal towns of Knysna and Plettenberg Bay
• Inland day tours exploring the Outeniqua Mountain Pass and the breathtaking Swartland region
• Excursion to Outdhsoorn to visit the Cango Caves and Ostrich Farm.
• Experience the hotels Spa, beauty salon and treatment rooms which offer a dazzling array of skin and body therapies