The First House is a plush colonial Portuguese home that was built in 1986 and renovated by Ayaz Basrai. The villa is a great example of sustainable living by using energy in an environmentally conscious manner. The villa is set amidst the serene paddy fields of Saligao, a prosperous village whose architectural aesthetic reflects the influence of artists who enjoy the laid-back village lifestyle. The beautiful villa has 10 luxurious bedrooms, making it the perfect place to get together with your loved ones and enjoy the Goan ‘susegade’ lifestyle. The villa has lots of natural light and open spaces with a timeless charm, and the cobblestoned courtyard with the water fountain is one of the guests’ favourite spots on the property.
The First House is located in Saligao, North Goa, around a one hour drive from the Goa airport, and a 30-minute drive from Panjim, the city centre.
- Affiliation with the best spas to provide in-house massages
- 2 acres of beautiful lawns to host evening get-togethers
- Stunning panoramic views of the paddy fields of Goa
- Yoga sessions can be organised
- Access to the finest Goan cuisine
- In-house bar lounge, living area with a flatscreen television
- Concierge services to help with reservations and sight-seeing itineraries
- Dine-in using ingredients sourced from the hydroponic garden on the property
- Host an evening tea in the cabanas with pool views
- Take a drive to Candolim beach, a popular tourist hotspot and dine at the authentic Goan shacks
- Experience the famed nightlife of Goa