Situated in the heart of Bloomsbury in London's West End, The Academy comprises a collection of five Georgian townhouses combined into one charming luxury hotel. Following a multi-million-pound interior refurbishment by YTL Hotels, The Academy is now a proud member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World collection. The hotels 50 rooms and suites are ideal places to relax, away from the whirl of city life. The luxe Alchemy Bar, with its sleek, grey walls and jewel-toned furnishings, bright and buzzing vibe. The library is a peaceful nook complete with leather armchairs. Afternoon tea is served in the private courtyard garden. The British Museum, Covent Garden, Soho, Leicester Square and the shops of Oxford Street are easily accessible. The Academy’s grand Georgian townhouses look like they may be from a beautiful Georgian period drama but inside, they feature contemporary interiors in subtle mix of timeless glamour and modern luxury
The Academy Hotel is located in the centre of Bloomsbury. The nearest airport is London City Airport about 13km from the hotel. Euston Station, Kings Cross and St Pancras International Station, which includes the cross-channel Eurostar service, are just a short drive away. It is approximately an hour from London Heathrow and 1 ½ hours from London Gatwick.
- The beautifully-appointed guest rooms and suites have been created by the New York-based, award-winning Champalimaud Design, with a contemporary take on Townhouse living
- The Academy is a proud member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World collection.
- Its central location in the centre of Bloomsbury, an attractive district in London's West End dominated by grassy squares and grand Georgian townhouses
- Visit the sights and sounds of vibrant London
- Only a few minutes’ walk from the hotel, one can spend an entire day wandering in the historic halls of The British Museum which is a cultural highlight.
- The cosy Alchemy Bar is housed on the ground floor and is the perfect Bloomsbury retreat for bespoke cocktails, speciality gins or a refreshing glass of wine or champagne.
- Explore the very best of London with an exclusive tour provided by expert guides at Touriocity, at The Academy
- Guests can sample the quintessential Afternoon Tea, Mr Ma's Afternoon Tea in a secluded and elegant West End setting.
- The Academy Book Club is a nod to the literary history of the area, enabling guests to immerse themselves in the famous works of the Bloomsbury Set for coffee, cake and conversation.
- Enjoy shopping London's best-known shopping street, from high-end boutique shops to huge department stores.