Thanda, which means "Love” in isiZulu, a truly authentic African wildlife experience and embraces a love for nature and wildlife as has been proven by its commitment to the environment and conservation. It is an ideal luxury destination for lovers of the bush and the beach. Located in northern Zululand and Kwazulu Natal, Thanda is home to the big 5 and plenty of other wildlife. Yet it is only an hour away from Sodwana bay where guests can enjoy a range of ocean activities. Thanda has 3 very different, very unique accommodation options to offer – Thanda Safari Lodge, the flagship product, Villa iZulu for those who want the utmost in luxury and privacy and Thanda Tented camp which offers a truly authentic safari experience. The facilities at Thanda include fine dining, a well stocked wine cellar & cigar bar, an award winning wellness centre and viewing decks overlooking the water features. The Bush and Bugs club and the Thanda Junior Rangers Club is designed especially for children. Thanda has consciously supported the local community through varioys initiatives.
- Thanda Private Game Reserve is located in KwaZulu-Natal.
- It is accessible by a flight to Richard's Bay from either Johannesburg or Durban.
- It is a 3 hour drive from Durban and a 1 ½ hours from Richards Bay airport.
- A premier Big Five safari destination, showcasing one of the continent’s finest game viewing experiences,
- 3 distinct accommodation options each with their own style, atmosphere and appeal.
- Its commitment to sustainable tourism and giving back to the local community with innovative projects.
- Beautiful beaches and reefs are nearby including world-class scuba diving, it is the perfect mix of beach
- Twice daily game drives.
- Viewing a traditional homestead and village including Exploring the Zululand battlefields of King Shaka
- work with the conservation team for a day
- Enjoy an eye-opening meet and greet with the majestic African elephant.
- full-day outing under the sun to the 9 mile beach near Thanda
- Visit the iSimangaliso Wetland Park which is Africa’s largest estuarine system
- Be Pampered at Thanda Spa
- Bush Walks