Six Senses Thimphu is a stylish mountain retreat located on a beautiful hillside offering sweeping valley views as well as views of the giant Buddha. Its subtly luxurious décor is modern but the design distinctly reflects the values of Bhutanese culture. Unique cultural handcrafted objects, intricate weavings combined with modern interiors in warm neutrals, wood panelling and the use of natural stone are what sets this striking hotel apart. It offers 20 beautifully designed suites, 3 one-bedroom villas, 1 two-bedroom villa and 1 three-bedroom villa. It also features a stylish bar & lounge, 25m heated indoor pool, the Six sense signature Spa, a gym, a boutique and banquet facilities. In addition, it has a prayer pavilion, business center, an impressive sunken outdoor performance deck and the lovely ‘Namkha’ restaurant which serves delicious food prepared with organic ingredients by an expert chef.
Six Senses Thimphu is located 46 kms from Paro airport and a 20 minute drive from Thimphu Clock tower square
- Luxurious rooms and villas with a spectacular view of nature.
- The lodge’s stunning prayer pavilion surrounded by reflective ponds and 180 degree valley views
- Guided Meditation and signature Spa treatments
- The glorious glassed-in indoor heated pool
- Easy access to the nearby monasteries and the 52m high Buddha, one of the tallest in the world
- In the lap of nature with nearby walks, treks and local apple orchards to enjoy tasty treats and local teas.
- Enjoy a guided tour with the chef of organic farms learning about farming methods.
- Traditional Dotsho (Hot Stone Bath)
- Explore astrology reading and fortune telling sessions with a Buddhist monk at Pangri Zampa Lhakhang, a 16th-century monastic school.
- Engage yourself with cultural evening talks session about Bhutanese Culture.
- Relax and enjoy a Six senses signature Spa.
- Dining experience in the Apple Shed of the lodge’s own apple orchard
- Shop at the Weekend Market in Thimphu.
- Explore the National library of Bhutan.
- Tour the 52-metre-high Buddha Dordenma
- Nature walks and hikes