Perched at 1,400 feet, with rice terraces gently leading down into Punakha Valley below, the Six Senses Punakha is designed in the style of a traditional farmhouse, hence its name ‘Flying Farmhouse among Rice Fields’. It features clean lines which adorn mud brick structures, and light fittings cleverly crafted from recycled mason jars illuminate the woven bamboo on the walls. The lodge has 16 luxurious suites and three villas with private pools. The décor is that of a mountain chalet minimalistic chic lined with wood and decorated in a stylish aesthetic with a focus on warmth and tranquillity. The Ari restaurant offers all-day dining, serving fresh Bhutanese cuisine. The Six Senses Punakha also has a heated sparkling infinity pool, a library, gym and yoga and meditation huts. It is perfect retreat in which you can simply reconnect with your soul.
The resort is located 122 kms (3 hours) from Paro airport. It is a 15 minute drive from the grand Punakha Dzong.
- A design in alignment with the spiritual beliefs of the Bhutanese
- The iconic giant wooden glass box floating over the rice terraces named the Flying Farmhouse
- The heated outdoor infinity pool with spectacular views
- The design of the accommodation to take advantage of spectacular valley views.
- Focus on low impact on the environmental impact and a positive impact on the local community
- Restore your body with various Spa techniques and Massages.
- Enjoy delicious bowls of Bhutanese cuisine at Ari Restaurant.
- Explore the kingdom of Bhutan through tailored itineraries as per your interest.
- Enjoy a Riverside Picnic Lunch.
- Explore sightseeing in Punakha
- Mountain biking
- Explore quaint villages and stretches of rice fields through a walk to Choten Nyingpo.
- White water river rafting
- Explore a variety of cultural attractions and historical landmarks including Talo Nobgang Village, Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Nunnery, and Punakha Dzong.