Six Senses Gangtey is beautifully nestled in the Phobjikha Valley backed by lush forest with unparalleled 180-degree views over the beautiful glacial valley.. The lodge is named the ‘Traditional Birdwatching Bridge’, thanks to its unique stone building with full-length windows offering front-row seats to the rare black-necked cranes that visit the valley every winter. The minimalist design using traditional building techniques offers understated yet sophisticated luxury with clean-cut wooden-panelling and subtle pastel coloured furnishings which contrasts beautifully with the natural green surroundings. Outside, an impressive fire pit area provides another relaxing spot and is ideal for mountain sunsets and stargazing. The lodge, with 8 suites and a 2-bedroom villa, features a Bhutanese restaurant, comfortable lounge areas, a pyramid meditation room, and Six Senses Spa with two swedana rooms designed specifically for herb-infused steam therapies.
The Six Senses Gangtey is located 165 kms away from Paro airport, a 3 hour drive.
- A luxurious retreat with 180-degree stunning valley views and stunning landscapes
- A site for prolific birdlife including and especially the endangered black-necked crane
- Relax your mind and soul at the Six Senses Spa
- Enjoy sunsets and stargazing at the Fire Pit Relaxation Area.
- Focus on low impact on the environmental impact and a positive impact on the local community
- Learn about the black-necked cranes at the visitor centre
- Explore the Gangtey Monastery
- Meet Monks and join them for prayers and meditation.
- Take a stroll along the Gangtey Nature Trail.
- Pamper yourself with a rejuvenating spa
- See the statues of past, present and future Buddhas at Khewang Lhakhang
- Mountain bike to the glacial valley floor
- Participate in farm activities and a prayer flag ceremony.