Located in the heart of the Piedmont vineyard region, a region famed for its wines, cheeses, and white truffles of Alba, the Relais San Maurizio is where time slows down and lets you immerse yourself in experiences that will soothe your senses and spirit. In 1619, Cistercian monks built the San Maurizio monastery on the ruins of a former chapel. The following centuries saw the property through several different lives, finally arriving at its current incarnation as a luxury spa hotel in 2002. It is a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux collection, the Leading Hotels of the world and it also houses the Michelin starred ‘Guido da Costigliole’ restaurant. The hotel’s frescoed halls, guestrooms and suites, the delightful gardens and the park with centuries-old trees are all truly charming. You can visit the spa’s salt cave, the wine hammam and soak up the vineyard vistas from the heated outdoor pool.
Relais San Maurizio is located in Santo Stefano Belbo commune of Cuneo, Piedmont in Northern Italy. The hotel is less than a 2-hour drive from the Milan, Genoa and Turin airports. Asti is the nearest railway station, around 25 kilometres from the hotel.
- A heritage hotel restored from a former monastery of the 17th century
- The exclusive spa with its unique Salt Cave and Hammam is a treat
- Every suite offers a different view of the Langhe hills, designated a Unesco World Heritage Site.
- Michelin star fine-dining restaurant that uses organic local produce
- Endless vistas of the rolling vineyards
- Indulge in the region’s finest wines and cheese, especially the Langhe hills
- At the break of dawn, go Truffle-hunting with a friendly guide
- Go hiking, biking or enjoy a Horse-back ride
- Thalassotherapy in the spa’s Salt cave and other medical spa treatments
- Visits to wine cellars and ancient castles nearby
- Pick grapes and blend your own wine
- Picnic under the willows or in the Vineyards
- Take cooking classes to learn traditional local dishes
- Visit the royal Palace of Venaria