The exclusive Phinda Private Game Reserve is nestled in the lush Maputaland region of northern KwaZulu-Natal. It showcases one of the continent’s finest game viewing experiences, including that of cheetah. Phinda is often described as "Seven Worlds of Wonder” and boasts seven distinct habitats - a magnificent tapestry of woodland, grassland, wetland and forest, interspersed with mountain ranges, river courses, marshes and pans. With unspoiled beaches and spectacular reefs nearby, as well as an abundance of wildlife, Phinda offers the perfect bush and beach adventure.
- &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve is located in northern KwaZulu-Natal.
- It is accessible by a flight to Richard's Bay from either Johannesburg or Durban, followed by a short flight or road transfer to the lodge.
- The distance from Johannesburg to Phinda is approximately 600 km and takes about seven hours.
- A premier Big Five safari destination, showcasing one of the continent’s finest game viewing experiences,
- The Reserve has earned itself numerous prestigious awards in conservation and ecotourism.
- It offers seven distinct habitats ranging from vast grasslands to magnificent mountains
- Phinda offers a choice of six luxurious safari game lodges, each blended harmoniously with their unique surroundings.
- Beautiful beaches and reefs are nearby including world-class scuba diving, it is the perfect mix of beach and bush
- Twice daily game drives.
- Interpretive bush walks within easy reach of your lodge to take in the sights, smells and sounds of the African bush, accompanied by an armed ranger
- Mzinene River canoeing in a sturdy canoe where you can take in the riverine vegetation and the local bird life
- Beach and Scuba adventure – enjoy a day on the beaches of Sodwana Bay, swimming, snorkelling and soaking up the sun.
- Zulu Village Tour where you can visit a traditional homestead for a glimpse of daily life
- Horseback Riding along False Bay – enjoy the quietness of the Hluhluwe floodplains as your guide informs you on the areas ecology, birds, trees and culture.
- Swimming with Whale Sharks and Whale Watching off Sodwana Bay