The New hotel (former Olympic Palace) is a contemporary hotel in Athens Plaka district, redesigned by Brazilian visionaries Humberto and Fernando Campana along with Greek Cypriot art collector Dakis Joannou. The overall ambience of the hotel is sophisticated and modern, with each element craftily reconfigured using salvaged elements: from the lifts to the reception desk to the chairs, side lamps and breakfast bar. The vibe of this 79-room establishment is young, energetic and seductive.
The NEW Taste restaurant serves Mediterranean and International cuisine from high quality local fresh produce. Drinks are best enjoyed at the rooftop Lounge Bar with magnificent views of the City. The New Sense spa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and offers various lavish treatments for face and body. The Hotel displays luxurious work of art with custom made furniture and home made artefacts. The rooms and suites allows guests to feel like they're a part of the vivid in-room installations. This theme even pervades the bathrooms, where blocky, sharp-edged washbasins based on the shape of diamonds reach into spaces normally left unused. Infact, every corner of the hotel has been used to perfection.
The New Hotel is located in the city centre close to the Acropolis, Old Royal Palace and Syntagma Square. Cafes, shops, boutiques and restaurants are just a walk away. The Athens International airport and the port of Piraeus are is about 35kms (40-50 minutes) away.
- Unique accommodation inspired by historic Greek Culture and City views
- The hotels young, energetic and seductive hospitality, design and vibe
- Revel in the unique creative artwork, sculpture and design of the hotel
- Centrally located yet tucked back on a side street so it feels hidden and discreet
- Fine dining restaurant with innovative cuisine and rooftop bar.
- Popular with the young & trendy, including business travellers
- Shopping and sightseeing in historic Athens.
- Explore the citys wonderful night life with cafes and bars
- Walk , jog and cycle in fresh air at the National Garden.
- Experience culinary lessons and wine tasting
- Take the cable car or walk up Ploutariou Street to reach the church at the top of Mount Lycabettus