Mahua Kothi is unlike any safari experience in the country so far – impeccable service and lush luxury. A co-venture between the Taj Safaris and &Beyond, the Mahua Kothi lodge is sprawled over 40 acres just 20 minutes from the entrance to Bandhavgarh, around the renowned former tented camp, Churhat Kothi. The original kothi (homestead) comprises the guest areas and has been beautifully renovated, while the guest accommodation is all brand new. The accommodation and facilities of the lodge blend charmingly into the quaint and rustic surroundings. The guest areas at Mahua Kothi boast high ceilings, terracotta floor tiles, overhead fans, inviting fireplace, and traditional sitting areas with window seats. The enormous 600 sq ft veranda runs the length of the building with generous built-in seats for star gazing and the open kitchen is a wonderful place to see local food being prepared.
Situated in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, Bandhavgarh National Park is a 448 km2 renowned tiger reserve. Bandhavgarh supports one of the highest densities of tigers on the Subcontinent. Its hilly open terrain includes many large grassland meadows that offer good chances of sightings.
Lodges are not operational from 1st July onwards till 15th October, as the national parks are closed due to monsoons.
Mahua Kothi is situated in Bandavgarh National Park in central Madhya Pradesh, near the major airports of Khajuraho (230 km) and Jabalpur (190 km) It is also just 230 kms away from the Kanha tiger reserve. It is easily accessible from the major cities of Delhi and Mumbai, too.
- Intimate luxurious safari experience with just 12 cottages
- A unique culinary experience with 3 breakfasts, lunches & dinners included
- & Beyond trained Naturalists for the jungle safaris
- Wildlife viewing in the stunning Bandhavgarh National Park
- Jungle Safari’s in Bandhavgarh National Park
- Elephant Safari’s
- Guided nature walks
- Cultural Walks & Cycling
- Picnics in nearby wooded areas
- Star gazing & hukkah evenings
- Watch food being prepared in the open kitchen - watch butter being churned, Masala being grounded by hand, and Rotis being prepared on a Chulha.
- Browse in the lodge’s Safari Shop or idle away time in the library