Little Governors’ Camp is located in the Riverine Forest at the edge of the Masai Mara Reserve, around a watering hole, close to the Mara River with views across to the Olololo Escarpment. The camp is accessed by a very short boat ride across the Mara River, then an escorted walk through the riverine forest. Vehicles are left on the far river bank and the camp is therefore quiet and undisturbed. This camp has a very intimate vibe with only 17 luxury tents that have wooden decks for you to enjoy the constant game activity. They offer a classic safari experience with excellent wildlife at their doorstep. This side of the Maasai Mara is perfect for watching river crossings during the migration. The camp runs on 100% solar power and has won accolades from Eco-Tourism Kenya for its sustainable tourism practices. While it is a luxury camp, the décor is simple and not overstated.
Governors’ Aviation offer daily flights (2 hours) from Wilson Airport, Nairobi. From here, it’s a transfer by safari van to the Mara river, where you take a dinghy across, and then walk through the forest towards a clearing where the camp begins.
- Experience raw safari adventure
- Its wonderful location offering excellent wildlife at the camps doorstep.
- A quiet and undisturbed experience
- Magical and unforgettable game drives giving you the quintessential Maasai Mara experience.
- Driver-guides with unparalleled knowledge of the reserve and a deep understanding and respect for the precious wilderness area, its flora and its fauna.
- Be pampered by outstanding service and warm heartfelt hospitality
- Game Drives including to explore the impressive indigenous wildlife, birds and plants from up close.
- Witness the dramatic and awe-inspiring Great Wildebeest Migration between July and October
- Visit the Mara Rianda local community to understand the Masai culture.
- Enjoy a wonderful romantic dinner under the stellar sky.
- Take a Guided Walking Safari to explore the true thrill of untamed Mara and track game.