A luxury escape into the British countryside, wrapped in manicured gardens with romantic views of the surrounding Lake District, Linthwaite House is the epitome for sophisticated escapes and unique travel experiences. Located in the heart of England’s Lake District and set in 14 acres (5.7 hectares) of established gardens and well-maintained private woodlands including a lake, this luxurious 36-room boutique hotel is on a hilltop overlooking Lake Windermere and the perfect base from which to explore the scenic surroundings. The rooms are stylish, individually designed and many have sweeping lake views. The two dining venues – Henrock and The Bar & Conservatory – serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea and handcrafted cocktails between the two. The hotel also has a beautiful wrap-around terrace, beautiful gardens outside and African-inspired sculptures peeping through the foliage.
- Beautiful hilltop location with mesmerising views of Lake Windermere.
- 14 acres of gardens, lawns and woodlands, plus a private lake
- The restaurant, Henrock is part of Michelin-starred chef Simon Rogan’s empire
- Food at Henrock is served from the chefs own farm
- Indulge in an afternoon tea at Linthwaite House Bar & Conservatory
- Mullineux & Leeu Family Wines tasting activities
- The hotel offers fantastic access to hiking routes in the surrounding peaks
- Try your hand at a game of boules
- Play chess at the eye-catching giant outdoor chessboard
- Take a stroll along the hotels walking trails while admiring the local fauna, flora
- Cycle and explore the ‘chocolate-box’ village of Bowness-on-Windermere.
- Explore the beauty of the Lake District on foot, by cycle or by driving
- In room massages