Nestled around towering Arjuna trees and built around a beautiful, ancient Banyan tree, the exclusive Jamtara wilderness camp is located at the northern end of the wildlife-rich buffer zone of Pench National Park, away from the busier gates of the park. The camp has a strong focus on sustainability where food is grown onsite and in the surrounding farmland and all furniture is made from recycled wood. The main building of the Camp has whitewashed walls, large windows and thick wooden framing. The lounge and dining areas are spacious and colourfully decorated, furnished with a mix of colonial and art deco pieces. Each of the 10 tents are traditionally furnished yet airy and spacious. The food at Jamtara is outstanding. Overall, it offers the perfect jungle experience.
Jamtara Wilderness camp is located on the norther edge of the forest, about 2 ½ hours from Nagpur airport.
- Incredible wildlife living within the surrounding area
- Beautifully designed light and airy tents
- Its location away from the busier gates of the national park
- The stunning old Banyan tree around which the camp is built
- Each tent overlooks the forest which sets the perfect background to this jungle experience.
- Wonderful food with a traditional and modern Indian mix
- Its focus on sustainability and being eco-conscious Ideal honeymoon & romantic holiday
- Wildlife Safari’s into Pench National Park in search of the tiger and other animals
- A visit to Jamtara village
- Relaxing in the camps lounge
- Sleep under the stars on four poster machaans placed on high terraces