The ION Luxury Adventure hotel was an abandoned inn converted into a luxury hotel. It is set in the Thingvellir National Park Area, where snow caddied mountains meets the dormant lava fields . The hotel is built from reclaiming material, is heated geothermically and the interior is designed in the manner that it complements its surroundings. It is surrounded by panoramic windows which offer a stunning view of the surroundings, yet the interiors have wooden walls and minimalist furniture giving the place a distinctly Nordic vibe. The 45 rooms of the hotel offer a subtle mix of concrete chic and natural earthiness. Dining at the hotel is a unique experience by itself. The Silfra Restaurant offers farm fresh cuisine with a focus on contemporary native fare. The stunning Northern Lights Bar is a highlight of the hotel with large windows and sweeping views over the landscape and starry night sky. Between May 20 and July 20, you can experience the midnight sun, with the night skies remaining light as the sun never actually sets more than six degrees below the horizon. The partially covered Lava Spa has a 10 metres hot tub, an indoor sauna and a relaxation room.
The hotel is located on Mount Hengill, 18 km from the pristine wilderness of the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park and only an hour away from Iceland’s capital Reykjavik. The hotel provides a perfect base to enjoy the rich heritage of Iceland, view of the hardy flora & fauna and an unforgettable adventure experience.
- Boutique luxury accommodation with beautiful views of the rugged snow caddied mountains, lava fields and Lake Thingvellir
- Experiencing the natural outdoor Hot pool & Lava Spa treatments to relax and rejuvenate
- Adventure Sports like gliding the glaciers, diving in the cold waters, white water rafting etc.
- Seeing the Aurora Borealis from the Northern Light Bar is an absolute highlight and an unforgettable experience.
- Fresh, delicious Nordic cuisine
- Snorkel & Dive in the icy cold waters of the Silfra rift
- Glacier hiking on Mount Hengill
- Walking Glacier Tours or Super Jeep Safari’s
- White water rafting on the Hvita River
- Enjoy the geysers, Hot spring and waterfalls
- Horseback riding
- Swimming between the continents for Europe and North America where the tectonic plates meet.
- Bird watching