Sought by the world’s most discerning travellers and rated as one of the world’s top retreats, this heritage 1920s hotel was founded as a simple fishing lodge. Sitting on the banks of the Waikato River and the lodge is surrounded by stunning natural beauty and a feeling of tranquility and pure luxury. It is home to some of the most sought-after Rainbow trout in the world making it a top angling destination as well as an adventurous gourmet getaway, offering al fresco dining under the stars. The rich warm floors and antique country furniture of the main lodge are designed to reflect the richness of Huka Lodge's surroundings. The intense deep greens and blues echo the forests and river, and the touches of red mirror southern sunsets.
Huka Lodge is located in Taupo, in the central North Island of New Zealand. It is a 3-4 hour drive from Auckland, 4.5 hours from Wellington and 1-hour from Rotorua.
- A picture perfect setting on the banks of the Waikato River
- A unique destination for a wedding celebration or a honeymoon
- Superb wines in the onsite wine cellar
- Luxurious accommodation with panoramic views
- The Huka Experience: a combination of a scenic helicopter flight over the magnificent Kaimanawa Ranges, the World Heritage site of Tongariro National Park and a scenic boat cruise on Lake Taupo, New Zealand’s largest lake
- White or Black water rafting
- Fishing for the finest Rainbow and Brown trout in the world
- Tandem Skydiving, Jet Boating, Water Skiing
- View geothermal activity in and around Taupo
- Soak in the hot pool or enjoy a game of tennis
- Relax, indulge and rejuvenate in stunning surroundings