The Governors Camp Masai Mara was once reserved exclusively for Kenya’s colonial governors. Surrounded by lush forest on the banks of the Mara river, it has prime position for the wildebeest migration and an incredible array of wildlife. Because it is unfenced, guests have the opportunity to see animals grazing. The camp has 37 tents some of which line the river bank while others enjoy sweeping views of the plains. The camp has an open bar tent with views of the river as well as restaurant tent with views of the plains. The Governors Camp has zero - waste policy with a strong commitment to the local community.
The Governors Camp is located on the banks of the Mara River in the northern Masai Mara Game Reserve. The camp is accessible through twice daily flights from Nairobi Wilson Airport and Loldia House to Musiara Airstrip (duration approx. 45 minutes). Guests are transferred by vehicle to the camp, which is about 15 minutes away. Alternatively, it is a 6 hour drive from Nairobi, depending on road conditions.
- Its spectacular location on the river with views of the savannah grasslands
- A perfect location for wildlife viewing and the wildebeest migration
- Its colonial history as an old exclusive governors hunting camp
- Luxury tented accommodation offering an authentic safari experience with modern amenities
- Game Drives to the National Park in 4WD vehicles
- Visit a Masai Village
- Day trips to Lake Victoria
- Bird Walks
- Walking Safaris
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris
- Spa treatments on request