Nestled on a hillock above the banks of the River Rungeet, high in the Himalayas, Glenburn is a plantation retreat inspired by the vineyards of Europe overlooking the Kanchenjunga mountain range. Surrounded by a 1,000 acres of private forest, and two rivers running through the estate, Glenburn Tea Estate offers a unique holiday experience. Established in 1860 by Scottish tea planters, it is a window into a bygone world of polished silver, bone china and mahogany four-poster beds. It has been lovingly restored ensuring that its colonial past is retained. Guests are accommodated in one of the two bungalows, each comprising four beautifully decorated suites which feature common areas, gardens, verandahs and terraces.
Glenburn Tea Estate is the perfect destination retreat and an ideal base from which to visit Darjeeling or to simply enjoy the magnificent views.
It is just 03 hours’ drive from Bagdogra airport which has well connected flights from Delhi, Kolkata and Guwahati.
- 8 unique accommodation options
- A fantastic location with stunning Himalayan views
- Enjoy a blissful stay away from all the crowds
- Delicious meals with vegetables freshly harvested from the kitchen gardens
- A range of wonderful activities on offer
- The Tea Experience - a guided tour on how tea is grown, manufactured and tasted
- One of India’s best Tea Plantation Hotels
- The Tea Experience tour
- Interact with the Glenburn tea picker ladies and learn how to pluck the tea leaves.
- Various Hiking trails
- Visit Darjeeling town
- A day trip to Kalimpong
- Trout Fishing
- Cookery Lessons
- Overnight camping experience at the Lodge’s campsite