Gilpin Hotel & Lake House, a Relais & Châteaux hotel, is set in the Lake District National Park near Windermere. Owned and managed by the passionate Cunliffes family since 1988, the hotel spans two charming luxury country houses on two separate estates. All 25 rooms have lovely views, most leading onto the gardens, many with their own hot tubs and private ensuite spas. Just over a mile from Gilpin Hotel, in a unique private setting, is the 100-acre Gilpin Lake House estate with a spa, small lake, boathouse, hot tubs and swimming pool (exclusive to Lake House guests). With only six bedrooms this beautiful house feels like a fully-staffed private country house. Breakfast is served at the Lake House and complimentary chauffeurs ferry Lake House guests to and from the restaurants at Gilpin Hotel. Gilpin Hotel offers an exquisite dining experience with its two restaurants – the Michelin starred HRiSHi and the casual Gilpin Spice. There are endless places to lounge around at the hotel including several terraces and a charming gazebo. The stunning Jetty Spa boasts its own bespoke organic products. It boasts a 30 foot swimming pool overlooking the lake, a hot tub to recline under the stars.
The Gilpin Hotel & Lake House is located just 2km from the station in Windermere, between Oxenholme and Windermere. Oxenholme station is accessible from London and Manchester, as well as Edinburgh and Glasgow. The nearest airport is Manchester.
- The ultimate in luxury in the beautiful Lake District
- Two hotel options to choose from – Gilpin Hotel or Gilpin Lake house
- All the rooms have lovely views, most leading onto gardens
- Gilpin Lake house enjoy 100 acres of private grounds, with its own lake, boat house, hot tubs, saunas, and swimming pool
- Michelin starred HRiSHi, Hrishikesh Desai combines great Lake District produce and classic methods to deliver unbelievable textures and flavors to suite every palate
- A perfect venue for milestones such as birthdays, minimoons, honeymoon, anniversaries and more
- Visit the Lake District National Park
- Visit the Blackwell Arts & Crafts House & Hiltop – Home to Beatrix Porter
- Visit Holehird Gardens & William Wordsworth’s house
- Experience wellness therapies
- Go for hikes, walks or drives to explore the stunning countryside