Amankora Gangtey is located in the remote Phobjikha Valley, a glacial valley that has been virtually untouched by modern civilisation. Part of the Black Mountains National Park wildlife reserve, the valley is home each winter to a flock of 300 endangered black-neck cranes. It is surrounded by nature and blends tradition and simplicity with high quality facilities and service. The modern and minimalistic eight-Suite Amankora Gangtey offers stunning valley views via its floor-to-ceiling windows. The hotel features a family style dining venue, Spa facilities including two treatment rooms and an intimate yoga/meditation room. The hotel also offers locally brewed alcohol with a flickering candle light dinner.
The lodge is 168 kms away from Paro airport and is 2 hours from Punakha.
- Access to one of Bhutan’s significant nature reserves, home to the endangered black crane.
- Sweeping views of the valley floor and the beautiful 16th century Gangtey Goemba
- A fabulous place for nature lovers with a range of walks and hikes at the hotels doorstep through forests, mountains and traditional farmlands
- Experience a wonderful candle light hot stone bath at the Spa
- Walks and hikes through forests, mountains and farmlands where yaks are found grazing on the plains
- Explore the lovely little Gangtey village.
- Refresh and rejuvenate body and mind with traditional Bhutanese Spa therapies.
- Play local games like garden darts and archery
- Visit a local home in Gangtey
- Visit the Crane Centre
- Enjoy traditional and contemporary Bhutanese cooking