Set in a magical Lake District landscape, the Forest Side has charmed visitors for years. Housed in a romantic, fairytale Gothic mansion, the 20-room hotel in Grasmere features plush interiors and Michelin-star dining. This is a dream hotel for foodies and walkers. The hotel serves some of the best food in the Lake District with ingredients grown and reared on local farms. Forest Side’s restaurant is run by head chef Kevin Tickle and is one of the most beautiful light-filled dining rooms in the region. The hotels interiors are magnificent, blending ecology, heritage and contemporary designs with a cool and understatedly classy modernity. The feel is airy and restrained. The hotel includes a peaceful conservatory where you can sit and watch the countryside come alive with wildlife.
The Forest Side is scenically set in the village of Grasmere, smack dab in the middle of the Lake District National Park. Manchester and Leeds Bradford Airports are both within two hours drive from the hotel. The nearest train station is Oxenholme, approximately 45 minutes away.If you’re planning to cruise around the surrounding countryside, a car is a must. The drive from London is roughly five hours via the M40 and M6, and onsite parking is free.
- Set in a small village of Grasmere in Lake District
- Elegantly designed rooms to cater to different needs
- Award winning restaurant with food made from local produce
- A perfect wedding venue in the Lake District
- 43 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens
- Explore the beautiful village of Grasmere
- Visit the famous Dove Cottage, Allan Bank, St Oswald’s Church and the adjacent Wordsworth daffodil garden
- Visit the stunning Helvellyn Ridge & town of Ambleside
- An array of boutique shops, pubs and cafes in Grasmere
- Visit the sights and sounds of the Lake District National Park