Fairmont Mara Safari Club is located in the renowned Maasai Mara Game Reserve, home to the great wildebeest migration. Set on 8 hectares (20 acres) of well-tended gardens on one side of the Mara River, an African theme runs throughout the camp, with lovely beaded screens for partitions and décor - including safari chairs, authentic lampshades, stools, wall hangings and floor rugs, with an ethnic edge. The Club, set on the foot of Aitong Hills offers 51 luxuriously furnished tents featuring four-poster beds, en suite facilities and private decks overlooking the hippo filled Mara River. The property features an outdoor swimming pool, lounge and restaurant and exciting game drives accompanied by the most scenic sundowner cocktails and dining experiences in the bush.
Mara Safari Club lies in the north west of the Masai Mara, at the foot of the Aitong Hills. The camp is positioned on an ox-bow of the Mara River, so that all the tents have a view of the hippo-filled river.
If arriving by air, Air Kenya Aviation offers daily flights to and from the Mara region to the Ngerende airstrip. Airplanes range from 5 to 25-seaters. Besides Air Kenya, Aircraft Leasing Services and Eagle Aviation also provide daily scheduled flights to the Mara. The club is only 10 minutes from the airtrips. A road journey will take approximately 6 hours.
- An epitome of luxury tents with private viewing deck
- Surrounded on 3 sides by the Mara river
- Glamorous rustic adventure
- Prime Hippo viewing spot
- Free form swimming pool
- Big 5 Game drives in the African Savannah
- Balloon safaris
- Ecological Walking tours
- Fishing: A 40-minute flight to the second largest fresh water lake in the world at the source of the River Nile - Lake Victoria.
- Hiking with specialist guides
- Bird Watching
- Visit the local Masai community
- Champagne Breakfasts and traditional African Boma dinner feasts