Nestled proudly on a Himalayan mountainside in the Paro Valley, the Como Uma Paro is arguably one of the best hotels in Bhutan. It seamlessly blends traditional Bhutanese craftsmanship with stylish contemporary design in distinctly modern Zen-inspired architecture. The retreat features nine private villas and 20 luxury rooms with beautiful interior work and hand-painted walls done by local artisans. Enjoy delicious food at Bukhari Restaurant which serves Bhutanese, Indian and Western cuisine. The Uma Bar offers all-day dining and a selection of fine wines, cocktails and healthy juices. The wonderful COMO Shambhala Retreat offers a full range of holistic, Asian-inspired treatments. The retreat also features a large indoor pool with an al fresco sundeck facing the mountains across the valley and a state-of-the-art gym.
The resort is just 10 mins away from Paro airport and an hour from the capital, Thimphu.
- Mind-bending scenery in a stunning location surrounded by pine forests
- The hotel is the embodiment of relaxation, peace and quiet.
- The wonderful food, both local and international, with ingredients from their own organic kitchen garden
- The Como Shambala Spa which offers a spiritual experience like no other
- Enjoy the stay at luxury resort surrounded with pine forests.
- Enjoy Bhutanese and international dishes cooked from own organic kitchen garden.
- Relieve the body stress experiencing the hot stone bath.
- Complimentary yoga classes.
- Get a taste of the culture and heritage of Bhutan.
- Enjoy the barbecue dinner at the Archery Field of the resort.
- Learn lessons and practice the national sport of Bhutan, Archery
- Opportunity for various hikes and treks, including Tigers Nest.
- Rejuvenate mind and body through holistic therapies developed by COMO Shambhala
- Yoga classes
- Cultural tours of Bhutan