Located on the Costa Brava, halfway between Barcelona and the Pyrenees this mediaeval Catalan castle is perched on a hilltop surrounded by beautiful fields and vineyards, yet a few kilometres from the beach. While Castell d’Empordà was once home to Pere Margarit, an explorer who sailed with Christopher Columbus, today it offers contemporary flair. It has 38 beautiful rooms which have been tastefully decorated with artefacts brought from all over the world by its Dutch owners. The castle, spread over 30 acres, has a stunning swimming pool with beautiful views of the olive trees surrounding the castle and an excellent restaurant. This ultra romantic castle is not far from the famed Dali triangle of Figueras, Portlligat and Pubol, the stunning beaches of Costa Brava and just an hour and a half from Barcelona city. Castell d’Empordà has a 4 star rating, but with 5 star services. Please note: It is closed from mid November to March.
Castell d’Empordà is located in La Bisbal approximately 1 ½ hours (138 kms) from Barcelona airport and 45 minutes (51 kms) from Girona airport.
- A unique boutique medieavel castle hotel surrounded by olive trees and vineyards
- Its location in a quiet village between Barcelona and the Pyrenees, yet not far from the Dali Triangle of the beaches of Costa Brava
- Beautiful rooms, many with stone walls and with stunning views
- The Drac restaurant with its Mediterranean and international cuisine
- Explore art and history in the Dali Triangle
- Vineyard tours