Set on a cliff’s edge in the Western Cape, with stunning views over two sandy beaches, Birkenhead House is a haven of luxury for those travelling along the Garden Route. It has dazzling ocean views and easy access to the beach. Between June and November, the view includes whales, which swim right in front of the hotel. The hotel’s contemporary feel is a classic beach with a relaxed and easygoing atmosphere where you can breakfast at noon, take tea on your balcony, then watch the ocean at dusk over a cocktail or two. Birkenhead House is located on several levels with a dining terrace and an infinity pool whose water seems to merge with that of the ocean beyond. Decorated in to reflect the beauty of its coastal setting, it is adorned with rare maritime antiques and sumptuous fabrics giving it an opulent eclectic feel. This is arguably the ultimate coastal retreat.
- Birkenhead House is set on beachside cliffs near the seaside town Hermanus, on the Garden Route of South Africa.
- It is located 110 kms south east from Cape Town, a journey of about 2 hours.
- Beautiful sea and mountain views from across the property
- A unique destination for a wedding celebration or a honeymoon
- Luxurious accommodation with panoramic views
- An Adult only property – perfect for honeymooners (except the Villa)
- The opportunity to see whales from the property, in season
- Whale-watch between late June and October
- Walk along the coastline to Hermanus with its wonderful café’s and restaurants
- Play a round of Golf at any of the nearby Golf courses
- Birdwatch from your private terrace or from a lounger by the infinity pool
- Explore the flora of the Cape and hike into the Fernkloof Nature Reserve
- Drive through Hermanus' new wine route, the Hemel en Aarde Valley
- Shark Cage Diving in nearby Gaansbai
- Relax, indulge and rejuvenate in stunning surroundings