Breathlessly captivating, this corner of Botswana has long been associated with the world’s greatest explorers, including David Livingstone. Follow in their footsteps at Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge. Head out to the unique viewing deck at dusk or dawn, overlooking the watering hole, and see elephants, hyenas and cheetahs in their element. Then find a serene welcome back at the lodge. The contemporary interiors reflect the earthy tones of the wilderness, while eco-friendly design features keep you in harmony with the stunning landscape. Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge boasts 12 luxurious tented rooms, each raised on a wooden platform to allow a breathtaking view of elephants in their natural habitat. Al fresco meals are served in the main area. The spacious swimming pool is a great opportunity to cool down and take a nap along with the animals in the bush. The highlight is the waterhole in front of the lodge where one can see like-minded elephants and if one is lucky, much more.
In the heart of Chobe National Park, this lodge lies on the edge of the Savute Channel. It can be accessed via Maun airport which is a a two-hour flight from Cape Town or 90 minutes from Johannesburg. The Savute airstrip is a 30 minute bush flight from Maun and the lodge is located 20-minutes from Savute airstrip.
- Gateway to the elephant capital of the world
- Experience stunning natural surroundings in rustic sophisticated luxury tents
- Viewing deck where one can enjoy a parade of animal antics from a vantage point
- Choice of game drives let you get close and personal with the variety of wildlife
- Home to great prides of lion leopards, wild dogs, buffalo and zebras
- Perfect to experience the mesmerising expanse of the African night sky
- Chobe is a bird-lovers’ paradise (over 250 species)
- Choice of game drives let you get close and personal with the wildlife of Chobe National Park which is home to elephants, prides of lion and other mighty predators
- View Bushmen Paintings and Baobab Trees
- Experience the expanse of the African night sky
- Bird watching
- Gather round the campfire and exchange stories of your day’s adventures