Opened in 1971 by Harry Selby, the Belmond Khwai River Lodge was one of the first lodges to promote safaris with a conservation ethos.Located on the edge of Moremi Game Reserve, the lodge is spread across the vast cover of fig trees offering the most uninterrupted views of the inhabiting wildlife of this area and the refreshing waters of Khwai River plains. Wake up to the calls of fish eagles or view the snorting elephants that stroll around the river plains or enjoy a memorable dining experience at the Private deck under the illuminating stars and the silent music of the flowing river waters.
Situated in Botwsana's Moremi National Park, Belmond Khwai River Lodge is accessible by scheduled flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- Animal magic meets old-world indulgence at Belmond Khwai River Lodge.
- Located on the edge of beautiful Moremi Game Reserve this lodge offers amazing views of wildlife in his natural habitat.
- A perfect adventure getaway for all age groups.
- Sheer paradise for nature lovers as the resort’s location offers the most spectacular sunrise and sunsets along with some of the chirping of some rare species of Birds found here.
- Deliciously home cooked meals prepared and served daily with rich African wines to relish.
- Daily Game drives twice a day.
- Walking Safaris along the Khwai River with expert guides.
- Enjoy the mesmerising beauty of the night under the stars filled sky and the silver shining moon either with naked eyes or with the telescope.
- Hide in private or sit in the comfortable chairs of the Observation deck and rejoice yourself watching the rich variety of birds in the river area.
- Replenish your body and mind with personalised Spa treatment.
- Stargazing the treasures of the boundless night sky
- Join the evening session of a traditional Boma and listen to the choir sing tribal songs with a feast of African delicacies.