Baghvan is aptly named after one of India’s iconic symbols, the Bengal tiger (bagh – tiger and van – forest).Baghvan Lodge, with its 12 quaint standalone bungalow suites, is located by a lovely stream, surrounded by forest, on the edge of the sprawling Pench National Park, which provided Rudyard Kipling with the perfect backdrop for his classic tale "The Jungle Book”.
Situated in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh and dominated by hills, forests and valleys, Pench national park derives its name from the Pench River, which meanders its way through the entire stretch of the 757 km² park.
A co-venture between the Taj Safaris and &Beyond, the lodge is a mere 10 minutes from the entrance to the park. The spacious guest areas are elegantly finished with delicate handmade Parsi tiles, woven hyacinth furniture, and giant ebony chests. Cool, airy and comfortable, they boast high ceilings and deep welcoming sofas. Baghvan’s interactive kitchen spills out into the dining area where guests are encouraged to learn how to prepare traditional Indian dishes. Meals here are an absolute delight. Breakfasts and lunches are served on a sweeping shaded deck surrounding the beautiful swimming pool and overlooking the ah, a favoured route of the Pench tigers. Sunset is celebrated with cocktails under a huge Banyan tree. Dinners are a true highlight, with an abundance of flavours and textures on offer.
Lodges are not operational from 1st July onwards till 15th October, as the national parks are closed due to monsoons.
Baghvan is located near the major airports of Nagpur (90 km) and Jabalpur (192 km). From Nagpur, the park is located 2 hours away to Pench near the Turia gate.
- Intimate luxurious safari experience with just 12 cottages
- Tree hollows to spot Indian Scops Owl
- Experience unique village visits
- Over 170 species of resident & migrant birds
- Romantic pool side dinner served by attentive butlers.
- An intimate dinner on the wooden deck with tea light candles.
- Jungle Safari in Pench National Park
- Bonnet Breakfast set up on the safari vehicle bonnet deep in the jungle
- Elephant Safari
- Guided nature walks
- Cultural walks and Cycling through Turia Village
- Lantern lit dinner beside a large old Mahua tree
- Bird watching
- Picnics in nearby wooded areas
- Star gazing and hoo