Located on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and set on 18 acres of beautiful landscape, Another Place is a stylish home from home. The focus is on being active, getting outdoors - kayaking, paddle-boarding, hiking, sailing - then relaxing with friends and family back indoors. It features a kids club, a spa area, a relaxed library, a private lakeshore, jetty and a vegetable patch. The hotel has 2 restaurants and bars - the Rampsbeck Restaurant and the Living Space bar and terrace. The 18 acres of lakefront land encompasses lawns, a kitchen garden, and a children's zone with a safari tent and playground. It also has a swim club which has a 20-metre glass walled, lake-view indoor swimming pool. There’s a sauna, treatment rooms and an outdoor hot tub too. It has 40 bedrooms that span the original Georgian building and the new contemporary wing. The aim is to balance the classic Cumbrian outdoors with a little bit of luxury.
Another Place is set on the western shore of Ullswater in the northern Lake District, just 15 minutes from the M6 at Penrith. The nearest train station is Penrith. The journey will take three hours from London Euston to Penrith North Lakes. The hotel is a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the station.
The nearest airports are Newcastle (125km / 77 miles away), Manchester (179km / 111 miles away) and Liverpool (189km / 118 miles away).
- The stunning lakefront location and Ullswater views
- The 18 acres of grounds including a garden, a vegetable patch, herb garden, a sheep’s field and a walnut grove.
- A focus on the outdoors – rock climbing, cycling, sailing, canoeing, paddle-boarding, cycling, hiking, kayaking or archery online.
- Informal and very family-friendly
- The hotels Swim Club featuring a spa, a stunning indoor pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna, treatment rooms and swimming clinic
- Enjoy the stunning lakefront location and Ullswater views
- Enjoy the facilities of the Swim Club
- Plenty of outdoor activities– rock climbing, cycling, sailing, canoeing, paddle-boarding, cycling, hiking, kayaking or archery and more
- Chug across the lake on one of the famous Ullswater Steamers, which run from Glenridding to Pooley Bridge
- Walk, cycle or drive through the Lake District National Park to enjoy its stunning natural beauty