The Namib Desert is a landscape of seemingly endless spaces, profound tranquillity, and extraordinary light. One of the most spectacular areas on earth, this pristine desert wilderness is one of Africa’s most compelling natural regions with iconic burnt-orange dunes in vast areas of nothingness. The stone and glass villas of the &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge offer utter tranquillity and extraordinary views in one of Africa’s most compelling landscapes. The night skies are heavenly, with the concession bordering the International Dark Sky Reserve of the NamibRand Nature Reserve.
The lodge’s signature features include many shaded, private spaces like a sunrise-view gym and sunset-facing wellness centre which offers both a treatment room with a private spa-bath, and a separate wet-room spa. The lodge’s Signature Shop showcases Namibia’s finest craft offerings.
- The &Beyond-Sossusvlei Desert Lodge is located in the northern section of the NamibRand Nature Reserve, on the eastern boundary of the Namib Naukluft National Park.
- If you are arriving private lodge airstrip: It’s a 1 hour 15 mins fixed wing or a 1 hour 30 mins helicopter flight from Windhoek, followed by a short 10 min road transfer to the lodge. There are also scheduled daily charter flights to lodges private airstrip.
- For self-drive: It’s advisable to use 4x4 vehicle during the rainy season, from November to May. It’s a 400km (248 mi) drive from Windhoek & a 308km (236 mi) drive from Swakopmund on good quality gravel roads.
- Set amidst the vast sand dunes on the edge of the Namib Sand Sea
- 10 beautifully appointed stone and glass suites & two Star Dune Suite
- Signature features include a sunrise-view gym and sunset-facing wellness centre
- Sophisticated on-site observatory
- Dune walking experience
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Star gazing every night – complete with a resident astronomer, sophisticated on-site observatory, state-of-the-art telescope and a large stargazing skylight
- Experience the bird eye view of the vast desert either by a helicopter or hot air balloon.
- Specialised led guided experiences shaped around your personal interests and abilities
- Big Dune walking experience
- A Sunrise-view gym and sunset-facing wellness centre