Amankora Thimphu is a peaceful retreat settled in the upper reaches of the Motithang area in Bhutan’s capital. It is a perfect base from which to explore both the city and the wild Himalayan landscape. The lodge features 16 suites styled after a traditional dzong fortress in Aman’s classic, understated style with traditional wood panelling and brown hues. Facilities include an intimate restaurant and bar with beautiful views of the nearby stream and surrounding forest with an outdoor deck with soaring ceilings and wood panelled walls. This deck is perfect to dine under the stars or to enjoy an drink at sunset. Spa facilities include three treatments rooms and a steam room. It is a joy to explore this lavish retreat nestled in breathtaking surroundings.
The resort is located in Thimphu, the capital, 51 kms away from Paro airport, a 1 ½ hour drive.
- The perfect location from there to enjoy Thimphu and the mountains
- The beautiful of the nearby streams and surrounding forest.
- A fabulous spa with signature treatments
- Dining on the outdoor deck under the stars
- Wander around the stalls of Thimphu’s Weekend Market.
- Visit and learn about the history of the traditional Bhutanese temple- Changangkha Lhakhang.
- Visit the National Textile Museum.
- Take an archery lesson and discover more about Bhutan’s national sport
- Learn and enjoy lecture on Bhutan and Buddhism
- Hiking and cycling