Located in the pristine and lush valley of Punakha, the Amankora Punakha Lodge offers a spectacular view of expansive paddy fields and orchards. The lodge is accessed by crossing the beautiful suspension bridge over the Mo Chhu River covered in prayer flags. Built around a traditional Bhutanese farmhouse with a colourful history, the original wall paintings are still preserved in the quaint three-storey structure. Centred around a pretty courtyard with a Chinese cherry tree, eight of the suites have views across an orange orchard and rice terraces. The four Mo Chhu Suites are situated in the new building, and two feature separate living areas. The suites can be combined to offer two 2-bedroom units. Along with the tea pavilion, there is a spa with a yoga studio, two treatment rooms and a steam room. The lodge features an outdoor infinity pool with a perfect view of the rice fields.
The resort is 115 kms away from Paro airport, a 3 hour drive and 85 kms from Thimphu. The lodge is a 10 minutes’ drive from the 17th-century Punakha Dzong.
- An array of vegetable dye murals perfectly maintained throughout the lodge
- An intimate, luxurious resort overlooking beautiful rice fields.
- Proximity beautiful Punakha Dzong, and the 15th-century ‘fertility temple’ Chime Lhakhang.
- The beautiful infinity pool which provides spectacular views over rice terraces
- Rejuvenate your mind, soul and body at the Spa
- Soak yourself in an infinity pool provides views over rice terraces
- A riverside picnic lunch
- The river rafting experience in Punakha
- Visit the morning market with the chef
- Participate in a Bhutanese cooking class at the lodge