Bumthang literally translated means "beautiful field” and is the spiritual hub of the country. Home to 29 temples and monasteries, it plays host to the beautiful Amankora Bumthang located in the stunning Bumthang Valley and adjacent to the Wandichholing Palace. The Lodge features 16 luxurious suites with a contemporary flavour in four separate blocks, each containing two suites on the ground floor and two on the upper floor. Other facilities at the lodge include a beautiful Spa with 3 treatment rooms and a steam room as well as a Library. The restaurant serves Western and Bhutanese cuisines in a perfect alfresco setting along with interior dining space with a cosy fireplace.
The nearest airport is Bathpalathang Airport which is a domestic airport and has flight connections to Paro. Bumthang is located 205 kms from Punakha.
- One of the most luxurious hotels in the remote Bumthang Valley, the spiritual heartland of Bhutan
- Steeped in folklore and history, Bumthang offers the most authentic visitor experience in Bhutan
- Explore the Buddha Dordenma, one of the world’s tallest Buddha statues.
- Attend evening prayers and join young acolytes of Sey Lhakhang at prayer.
- Enjoy the range of holistic treatments, signature oil massages.
- Enjoy Lunch made from local produce at a nearby farmhouse.
- Tour to the Red Panda brewery.
- Enjoy archery with the staff and other guests.
- Excursions to no less than 29 temples and monasteries
- Cultural visits to museums and a treasure trove of Bhutanese art
- Bumthang Owl Trek to wilderness forests which are home to regional owls