Alila means "Surprise” in Sanskrit which is what this property also has in abundance. The Alila Jabal Akhdar is located 2000m above sea level, overlooking the untouched beauty of the Al Hajar mountains and the canyons below. It is this spectacular setting, perched on the edge of a ravine that makes this luxury boutique hotel, Alila’s first in the middle east, perfect for those who want to explore the region’s renowned rugged landscapes, a haven for adventure travellers and nature lovers. The infinity pool and amazing spa, which features treatments inspired by age-old regional and Asian traditions, are some of the highlights of the property. The bold design of the hotel respects the environment and fits harmoniously into the site, preserving the natural beauty of the region. All the 84 suites and villas are located within the main hotel building and are arranged in individual clusters of four to six suites, generously spaced out around the clifftop to ensure maximise privacy and uninterrupted views. The suites have contemporary style, with a distinct authentic flavour celebrating Oman’s rich history and culture.
Located in the central section of the Al Hajar Mountains, 174 km from Muscat International Airport, 2.5 hours’ drive from Muscat
- The ultimate in romance and privacy, secluded and secure
- A gateway to Oman's incredible history, culture and nature
- An escape to solitude, nature, fresh air and the most amazing panoramic views
- A design blending rich traditions and ethnic influences of Oman, a wonderful example of how contemporary design is fused with the regional traditions.
- Built in harmony with the environment, the hotel is committed to sustainability
- Explore the heritage sites in the cities of Nizwa, Bahla, Ebri and more, such as Nizwa Fort, Jabreen Castle and UNESCO-protected Bahla Fort
- Enjoy the world of Rocks on Geology talks & tour
- Visit the town of Jabreen, home to Jabreen Castle & sights of Bahla, renowned for its ancient UNESCO-protected Bahla Fort & handmade pottery
- Experience the blend of ancient Asian healing techniques at Spa Alila
- Enjoy stargazing during some of the clearest nights, views the stars, moon and planets
- Chance to discover a little history, find a few fossils, and spot butterflies and birds on Butterfly trails
- Immerse in a thrilling Cave Adventure Via Ferrata